WE CAN DO IT! ACTIONS and GFWC-AZ Easy Do’s
I hope these are projects which your club will embrace to help your community. PLEASE KEEP TRACK OF THE NUMBER FOR EACH ACTION SEPARATELY.
Flags for Students – Action #1 This Action places in the possession of Arizona students an American flag, and its significance as a symbol of the United States. An initial set will be given to all club presidents as a means to begin this program in their community. Our hope is to extend this program to include other symbols of the United States in the coming months. Other materials will be sent to assist this program.
• Clubs will continue this ACTION by duplicating this set of flags and the significance of the flag information sheet and give to as many students as possible until April 15, 2024.
Multiply Members - Action #2 Increase your club’s membership by at least 20%. An award will be given for this project will be based on the highest club’s percentage of increase based on their last number of dues paying members as of the start date of May 1, 2022, and the end date of April 15, 2024. If a tie, the club paying their 2024 dues at the earliest date will be the winner.
Recycling Is Easy - Action #3 Projects which include recycling. Keep a separate count of each of these items.
• Cut apart the plastic six-ring soda packs that hold sodas, water bottles, etc.
• Recycle rinsed and capped glass containers, water bottles, metal cans.
• Recycle plastic bags.
• Check your cities’ recycling program. A good site to read about recycling. https://howtorecycel.info
Do It for the Children – Action #4 Projects which include our Affiliate Organizations.
• Fundraise or donate to a GFWC Affiliate Organization.
• You may choose to incorporate the affiliate activities within one of the Community Service Programs.
• The GFWC Affiliates are:
✓ Heifer International - March of Dimes - Hope for Justice
✓ St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
✓ Operation Smile - UNICEF – Children First
• At the time of this presentation, HOBY was not a GFWC Affiliate. You will Be informed of any changes. You can still treat it as any other non-profit organization you assist. GFWC-AZ 2022-2024
Five For Frances Fund – Action #5 Projects in which members of your club donate at least $5 towards the FIVE FOR FRANCES FUND. Frances Willard Munds was instrumental in getting the vote for Arizona women. The funds will go towards finishing a statue which will be erected at Wesley Bolin Plaza. Send all donations to Debbie Grieder GFWC-AZ Treasurer 3014 E. Topeka, Phoenix, AZ 85050 Check written to GFWC-AZ MEMO LINE: Five For Frances Fund. Please keep track of the amounts given during the period of May 1, 2022 to April 15, 2024.
Today a Reader, Tomorrow a Leader Action - #6 Projects which involve Literacy. There are many different types of literacy projects…here are a few ideas. Keep track!
• Partner with a business by having a collection site for books.
• Start a NEW Little Library. Continue to promote the Little Library you have already started.
• Donate collected books to a Non-profit organization or school.
• Begin an ESO Program in your club to promote reading.
• If you already have an ESO Program in your club, increase it by 5 or more members.
Can Do For Vets Action - # 7 Projects which fundraise or donate to a 501(c)3 Veteran Organizations. A few examples are: Keep track of your projects for reporting purposes.
• Collect socks, under clothing, grooming supplies
• Start a card writing program for each holiday
• Fundraise and donate towards a special project at their site •
Adopt a Vet Program We Are Their Voices Action - #8 Projects that involve helping animals in some way. Some examples:
• Fundraise for a specific No Kill shelter
• Raising funds to help the local veterinarian with animal surgeries
• Donating supplies to a local animal shelter
• Volunteer at an animal shelter.
GFWC - AZ EASY DO’S Count each member who is NOW signed up as 5 points AND also count each member who signs up, subscribes, or reads a new Club Woman’s Magazine from May 1, 2022, until April 15, 2024, as 5 points. **Add all your members’ ‘EASY Do’s’ together.
See example below. Award given for the club with the highest total. I ask you also to keep track of EACH of these Easy Do’s separately for reporting purposes
• Subscribes to the Legislative and Policy Center. Counts as 5 points.
• Subscribes to the GFWC News & Notes. Counts as 5 points.
• Sign up members for the GFWC member portal. gfwc.org Count 5 points each signed up member
• Read the GFWC Clubwoman magazine Count 5 points each time you read the new magazine.
• Read the GFWC-AZ newsletter - Count 5 points each time you read the new newsletter.
• Post on the GFWC-AZ Face Book page - Count 5 points each time you post.
**Example: Gale signs up in August 2022 for the member portal, reads the GFWC-AZ newsletter 6 times in the time frame, and in January 2024 subscribes to the Legislative and Policy Center. That would = 45 for Gale, this one member. When the challenge ends, add up all of your individual members’ points to get your total for this Action. GFWC-AZ 2022-2024